Pursuant to the recommendations of the International Telecommunication Union aimed to establish a special entity to provide comprehensive service force and the dissemination of information society in bridging the digital divide between urban and rural areas, it was decided in 2003 the establishment of a fund to support informatics which aoms to:
* Design and consolidate inculcation of informatics in the community through the deployment of computers and other aids with easy access by citizens.
* Work on the implementation of the computer industry strategy approved by the Council of Ministers and related studies.
* Work on bridging the gap and eliminate the disparity between the Centre and the national states in deploying communications services and information technologies.
* Attention should be built to capacity-building and provision of computers in educational institutions.
* Cooperation with other actors in the development of policies and necessary legislations for the development of informatics industry For the purpose of the establishment of training centres for citizens in cooperation with the National Information Centre.
* Any other efforts that could encourage the development of information technology in the Sudan.